Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Online Course
Designed to enhance your existing expertise and develop your strategic leadership capabilities. You will become skilled and confident in your ability to lead and manage others, ethically and responsibly, and address complex business issues in a range of contexts.
Studying alongside fellow high-calibre managers, you will discuss and debate the challenges posed by the rapidly evolving commercial world. The programme encourages you to analyse and reflect on your own organisation and role, to apply theory to case studies of other organisations, and to benefit from peer-to-peer learning through collaboration with fellow professionals from other cultures and industries from around the world.
Core modules focus on the macro-economic environment that heavily shapes organisational decision making, management and leadership. They explore various theories and models underlying the growth of international trade and globalisation and the practical applied nature of this.
The course also provides the opportunity to tailor your educational journey with optional modules reflective of different business disciplines. This includes the option to dive into the rapidly developing field of data and analytics or investigate the ethical perspective of business decision making.
The University of Liverpool Management School is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to hold a gold standard triple accreditation from AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS.
Download a prospectus for more details on this programme including module information.
This programme consists of the following core modules and two electives, in order to achieve the full accreditation, you are required to complete 180 credits.*
- Developing as a Manager and Leader – Core (10 credits)
- International Business and the Global Economy – Core (10 credits)
- Managing Financial Resources – Core (10 credits)
- Digital Strategic Marketing – Core (10 credits)
- Managing Human Resources – Core (10 credits)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management – Core (10 credits)
- Strategic Advantage – Core (10 credits)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Core (10 credits)
- Strategic Management Simulation – Core (10 credits)
- Management in Practice – Core (10 credits)
- Data Strategy and Analytics for Managers – Elective (10 credits)
- Project Management – Elective (10 credits)
- Global Leadership – Elective (10 credits)
- Corporate Citizenship – Elective (10 credits)
- MBA projects – Core (60 credits)
- Career Catalyst – Core (zero credits)
*Please note that this programme is currently subject to University approval. Please note, these modules are not finalised and may be subject to change.
For more information on the modules, including syllabus and learning outcomes, please download our programme booklet.
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact us now via LiveChat.
Professional Experience: MBA Candidates are normally expected to have a minimum of 3 years of substantive managerial experience in the private or public sector, including the management of budgets, people and projects.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2.1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, or an equivalent professional qualification from a similar non-UK institution.
- Non-graduates who possess extensive professional experience (more than 5 years) and/or a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
GMAT Score: Although not mandatory, we encourage candidates who have undertaken the examination to submit their scores for consideration, these must be valid (attained with the last 5 years) by the time of entry.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 7.0.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
All applicants during the 2021/22 academic year will receive a 15% Executive Scholarship, reducing the total fees to:
This fee* is fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Scholarships and discounts
In addition to the Executive Scholarship, you may also be able to benefit from the following scholarships and discounts:
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
- 5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
We aim to make it as easy as possible for you to cover the costs of your studies. You could benefit from:
- Simple monthly payment plan provided to spread the cost over the duration of study
- Students living in England may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the programme cost.
Please speak to our admissions team for more details of fees, scholarships, discounts and support.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed.
Apply for this course by completing a simple online form.
In order to apply, you will need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
- An up-to-date CV.
Acknowledgement of your application
The admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the Department Head and/or appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support.
We have start dates throughout the year with regular application deadlines. As an applicant, you are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if you have special needs.
The programme is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to drive forward in your career. You will have the capability to work in an extensive range of senior functional and general management positions across a wide spectrum of business sectors across the world. This includes strategic leadership positions in consultancy, construction, engineering, retail and many more.
We recently recorded a short video for our Virtual Open Week in which Dr Gary Brown discusses the online postgraduate programmes the Management School at the University of Liverpool offers, including who the programmes are for, what you will learn as a student, and how taking one of the qualifications can help to develop your skills and career.
As part of the video, an overview of each programme is also presented by the programme’s Director of Study. Master of Business Administration (MBA) is presented by Dr Lisa Day at 17:06.