Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Designed to enhance your existing expertise and develop your strategic leadership capabilities. You will become skilled and confident in your ability to lead and manage others, ethically and responsibly, and address complex business issues in a range of contexts.
Studying alongside fellow high-calibre managers, you will discuss and debate the challenges posed by the rapidly evolving commercial world. The programme encourages you to analyse and reflect on your own organisation and role, to apply theory to case studies of other organisations, and to benefit from peer-to-peer learning through collaboration with fellow professionals from other cultures and industries from around the world.
Core modules focus on the macro-economic environment that heavily shapes organisational decision making, management and leadership. They explore various theories and models underlying the growth of international trade and globalisation and the practical applied nature of this.
The course also provides the opportunity to tailor your educational journey with optional modules reflective of different business disciplines. This includes the option to dive into the rapidly developing field of data and analytics or investigate the ethical perspective of business decision making.
Download a prospectus for more details on this programme including module information.
This programme consists of the following core modules and two electives, in order to achieve the full accreditation, you are required to complete 180 credits.*
- Leadership, Management and Organisation – Core (10 credits)
- International Business and the Global Economy – Core (10 credits)
- Managing Financial Resources – Core (10 credits)
- Digital Strategic Marketing – Core (10 credits)
- Managing Human Resources – Core (10 credits)
- Operations and Supply Chain Management – Core (10 credits)
- Strategic Advantage – Core (10 credits)
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship – Core (10 credits)
- Strategic Management Simulation – Core (10 credits)
- Management in Practice – Core (10 credits)
- Data Strategy and Analytics for Managers – Elective (10 credits)
- Project Management – Elective (10 credits)
- Global Leadership – Elective (10 credits)
- Corporate Citizenship – Elective (10 credits)
- MBA projects – Core (60 credits)
- Career Catalyst – Core (zero credits)
*Please note that this programme is currently subject to University approval. Please note, these modules are not finalised and may be subject to change.
Professional Experience: MBA Candidates are normally expected to have a minimum of 3 years of substantive managerial experience in the private or public sector, including the management of budgets, people and projects.
Qualifications: Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2.1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelors degree, or an equivalent professional qualification from a similar non-UK institution.
- Non-graduates who possess extensive professional experience (more than 5 years) and/or a postgraduate qualification are encouraged to apply.
GMAT Score: Although not mandatory, we encourage candidates who have undertaken the examination to submit their scores for consideration, these must be valid (attained with the last 5 years) by the time of entry.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 7.0.
£21,000* (2020/2021 academic year)
This fee* is fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- 15% scholarship currently offered for master’s (2020/21 academic year entry only) **
- 5% discount for upfront full tuition fee payment
- Simple monthly payment plan provided to spread the cost over the duration of study
- Students living in England may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the programme cost.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
**Please speak to our admissions team for more details.
Apply for this course by completing a simple online form.
In order to apply, you will need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
- An up-to-date CV.
Acknowledgement of your application
The admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the Department Head and/or appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support.
We have start dates throughout the year with regular application deadlines. As an applicant, you are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if you have special needs.
The programme is designed to give you the skills and knowledge to drive forward in your career. You will have the capability to work in an extensive range of senior functional and general management positions across a wide spectrum of business sectors across the world. This includes strategic leadership positions in consultancy, construction, engineering, retail and many more.