Digital Marketing MSc
Digital marketing has revolutionised the global business landscape. Innovative digital techniques have allowed companies to reach global audiences instantaneously creating an exciting, fast paced and competitive marketing environment.
This programme will take advantage of the most current theory and practice to explore the key aspects of the digital marketing environment and how it has influenced marketing strategy. It will consider how digital marketing fits in with traditional marketing theories and practices and consider what future trends in digital marketing will look like.
Students will be equipped with the specialist knowledge and professional skills to become outstanding digital marketing managers, either in their current employment or when forging a new career in the field of marketing.
The curriculum combines essential digital marketing elements such as consumer behaviour, digital communications, social medial marketing, and brand creation and management with core business skills. These are tailored to the needs of marketing practice, including leadership, data and financial management, marketing and business ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Download a prospectus for more details on this programme including module information.
This programme consists of the following modules. You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PG Cert).
- Digital Marketing Strategy and Practice (15 credits)
- Becoming a Leader (15 credits)
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice (15 credits)
- Finance and Data Analysis for Managers (15 credits)
- Consumer Behaviour (15 credits)
- Digital Communications and Social Media Marketing (15 credits)
- Brand Creation and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Applications should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2.1 class degree in any subject, equivalent to a UK bachelors degree; or
- Professional experience of at least five years within a role that requires some level of strategic input.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
MSc: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGDip: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGCert: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGAward: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
This fee* is fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- 15% scholarship currently offered for master’s (2020/21 academic year entry only) **
- 5% discount for upfront full tuition fee payment
- Simple monthly payment plan provided to spread the cost over the duration of study
- Students living in England may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the programme cost.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
**Please speak to our admissions team for more details.
Apply for this course by completing a simple online form.
In order to apply, you will need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
- An up-to-date CV.
Acknowledgement of your application
The admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the Department Head and/or appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support.
We have start dates throughout the year with regular application deadlines. As an applicant, you are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if you have special needs.
Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge, skills, awareness and confidence to be highly effective managers and digital marketing professionals able to influence organisational strategy and practice. After completing this programme, you will be able to develop your existing marketing career, move into a role within the digital marketing sector or work within a general management position.