Information Systems Management MSc | PGDip | PGCert – Online Course
If you would like to bridge the gap between technology and management then this specialist master’s programme can help you to develop the knowledge and skills to be an effective leader who can drive change and innovation.
What is information systems management?
Information systems management is a key part of a company’s IT operation, covering not only the hardware and software used to collect, process, store and distribute information, but also the managerial factors that make sure that systems and processes are designed and implemented effectively. In today’s interconnected world, expertise in information systems management is increasingly valued by organisations seeking to enhance their operations and make better strategic decisions.
This online information systems management programme aims to provide you will with the knowledge and skills to take up strategic innovation management and leadership roles within the Information Technology and Systems field. The programme is designed to meet the needs of those who are either moving from a purely technical position to one in which managerial and leadership skills are required, or who are currently operating in a managerial position and wish to enhance/update their knowledge and abilities.
The programme is delivered 100% online, making it perfectly suited to its subject matter, within an international virtual classroom that offers a unique global perspective. The content has been developed by experts from the University of Liverpool’s Department of Computer Science – an institution that is globally renowned for the strength of its research into computer science and emerging technologies.
The programme is accredited by the BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, for the purposes of meeting the further learning academic requirement for registration as a Chartered IT Professional.
Download a prospectus for more details on this programme.
This programme consists of the following modules. You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PGDip), and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PGCert).
- Global Trends in Computer Science (15 credits)
- Information Technology Leadership (15 credits)
- Strategic Technology Management (15 credits)
- Security Risk Management (15 credits)
- Technology, Innovation and Change Management (15 credits)
- Elective modules: choose two:
- Applied Cryptography (15 credits)
- Cloud Computing (15 credits)
- Cyber Forensics (15 credits)
- Cybercrime Prevention and Protection (15 credits)
- Data Visualisation and Warehousing (15 credits)
- Deep Learning (15 credits)
- Machine Learning in Practice (15 credits)
- Multi-Agent Systems (15 credits)
- Natural Language Processing and Understanding (15 credits)
- Reasoning and Intelligent Systems (15 credits)
- Robotics (15 credits)
- Security Engineering and Compliance (15 credits)
- Research Methods in Computer Science (15 credits)
- Computer Science Capstone Project (60 credits)
All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. If you want to discuss your previous qualifications and experience before applying, please contact us now via LiveChat.
Applicants should possess either:
- A minimum of a 2:2 class degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ experience in employment; or
- Professional work experience and/or other prior qualifications, which will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
If you don’t have an IELTS or equivalent certificate, you can take our free online English test to assess your proficiency. You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national from a majority English-speaking country as defined by the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI), or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
These fees* are fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
Scholarships and discounts
You may be able to benefit from the following scholarships and discounts:
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
- 5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
We aim to make it as easy as possible for you to cover the costs of your studies. You could benefit from:
- Simple monthly payment plan provided to spread the cost over the duration of study
- Students living in England may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the programme cost.
Please speak to our admissions team for more details of fees, scholarships, discounts and support.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed.
Apply for this course by completing a simple online form.
In order to apply, you will need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applicants only)
- Personal statement
- An up-to-date CV.
Acknowledgement of your application
The admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the Department Head and/or appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support.
We have regular start dates throughout the year with regular application deadlines. Applicants are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if they have special requirements that will need to be taken into consideration.
This qualification leads graduates towards a range of IT management careers, including the management of software development teams, the management of teams responsible for IT infrastructure and the management of teams responsible for IT products and services.
Alongside the subject-specific knowledge you will gain during the programme, you will also develop professional skills such as communication, teamwork, critical thinking and research. These will enhance your CV, allowing you to improve your career prospects and access more senior roles.