International Management MSc
The programme gives an overview of the global perspectives that influence business operations. You will learn about different national and cultural contexts and how to embrace these within your management career.
The course material has been designed to equip you with the intellectual learning and professional skills needed to pursue a career in management. It will nurture and shape you, helping you to develop the necessary competencies to become a dynamic manager in the business world.
The curriculum blends management skills such as decision-making, learning, development, and strategy with core business skills that are tailored to the needs of management practice. This includes areas such as business analysis, financial management, people management, leadership and change resilience.
You will graduate with enhanced skills and knowledge, enabling you to become a highly effective professional manager able to strategically influence your organisation. This can be achieved by utilising your ability to take on new and unknown challenges throughout a lifelong career in the fast-moving global business environment.
Download a prospectus for more details on this programme including module information.
This programme consists of the following modules. You are required to complete 180 credits to achieve a full Master of Science (MSc), 120 credits to achieve the postgraduate diploma (PG Dip) and 60 credits to achieve the postgraduate certificate (PG Cert).
- Management Principles & Practice (15 credits)
- Becoming a Leader (15 credits)
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice (15 credits)
- Finance and Data Analysis for Managers (15 credits)
- Strategic Management and Contemporary Organization (15 credits)
- Identity, Learning and The Global Professional (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
Applications should possess:
- A minimum of a 2.1 class degree in social science, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Applications from students with a professional background rather than academic will be assessed in accordance with the principles of the University’s AP(E)L policy.
All applicants must provide evidence that they have an English language ability equivalent to an IELTS (academic) score of 6.5.
MSc: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGDip: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGCert: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
PGAward: TBC (2020/21 academic year)
This fee* is fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- 15% scholarship currently offered for master’s (2020/21 academic year entry only) **
- 5% discount for upfront full tuition fee payment
- Simple monthly payment plan provided to spread the cost over the duration of study
- Students living in England may be eligible for a postgraduate loan to cover some of the programme cost.
*All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
**Please speak to our admissions team for more details.
Apply for this course by completing a simple online form.
In order to apply, you will need to provide copies of the following supporting documentation:
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- One reference (on letter headed paper, signed and dated)
- An up-to-date CV.
Acknowledgement of your application
The admissions team will acknowledge receipt of your application and will pass it to the Department Head and/or appropriate academic department(s) for consideration.
Students with disabilities
We welcome applications from students with disabilities and consider them on the same academic grounds as those of other students. If you have a disability, medical condition and/or support needs it is important that you inform the University so that you receive appropriate support.
We have start dates throughout the year with regular application deadlines. As an applicant, you are encouraged to apply in good time, particularly if you have special needs.
Completing this course gives you the opportunity and skills necessary to work within a global corporate environment, possessing the knowledge to tackle challenges such as supply chain or cross-cultural management and new market entry strategies.
As a graduate from this programme, you will have enhanced your existing global mindset and gained an understanding of different business management practices. In addition, you will have the ability to make strategic decisions and implement processes, improving the performance of your business in a highly competitive and volatile global marketplace.